Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oh Baby!


         Here is a fun fact about myself: I love the smell of babies. OK, not dirty babies (obviously…) but the fresh, clean babies who have just been washed head-to-toe with Johnson & Johnson. So, I guess you can say that I actually like the quintessential “No Tears” scent. Hence, whenever I need to pick up body lotion in a pinch, and need a product that won’t break me out, I always reach for their classic Baby Lotion.
          Upon my usual browsing of the local grocery store, where I am constantly asked, “mam, what you want?” to which I reply, “I’m just looking” (the concept of just standing there and staring at the different varieties of beauty products does not really exist here in India, as most products are kept behind a counter and you go in and request what you want. I think that this would have you using the same products repeatedly, and never trying anything new! You know you are a makeup artist when one of your favorite “hobbies” is browsing the drugstore.). Any who, a certain product caught my eye: Johnson’s Baby Cologne. My first thought, who puts cologne on a baby? But my second was: let me buy this immediately!

          I purchased the scent “Heavenly” for a mere 125 rupees (approximately $1.50) and what can I say? I’m in love. It is a lovely light perfume to apply just after a shower, as it smells clean, crisp, and well, heavenly. It is the perfect scent to wear when you don’t want to wear a heavy fragrance, but still smell pleasant.  
          Upon further investigation (online, of course) I found that this wondrous perfume is imported from the Philippines to India (and some Philippino grocery stores in California) and a cult-hit with ladies all over the globe. Huh, I knew I was onto something. I will write about the other scents when I purchase them.


P.S. – I only use Baby Shampoo to wash my makeup brushes. It is gentle enough not to damage synthetic or natural hair, but gets them super clean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment